It isn’t possible to directly change HDMI output to the input but with the help of external adapters and some configurations, it can be possible. HDMI stands for High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and it is a compact audio/video interface for transferring uncompressed video data and compressed or uncompressed digital audio data from an HDMI it can be possible. This task can be completed easily with a little effort and we will tell you how. We know that laptops are mostly used for entertainment purposes like playing games, watching movies, etc., and this task is best when we want to play games on a bigger screen and to make the best use of our laptops, let’s get started.
First thing first!
We need an external adapter for this task to be performed successfully. As mentioned above, an external adapter can help us do this easily by just plugging it into our laptop via a USB port or any other available port.
We need an HDMI cable. It’s a must for this task because we can connect our laptop with the external adapter via an HDMI cable and then can complete the process of changing HDM output to input on our laptop.
It’s time to make some configurations.
If you know how to configure your laptop, then it will be quite simple for you because all you need is just to plug in the external adapter and HDMI cable, and it’s done!
What is HDMI Cable?
HDMI: It stands for High-Definition Multimedia Interface; it is a compact audio/video interface for transferring uncompressed video data and compressed or uncompressed digital audio data from an HDMI-compliant device to a compatible computer monitor, video projector, digital television.
What is External Adapter?
External adapter It is a type of device that acts as an interface between two different devices like laptop and monitor, camera and smartphone, etc. External adapters can easily take HDMI input from an external device, and then can project it on another device via a USB port or any other port.
What is USB cable?
USB: It is abbreviated as Universal Serial Bus; it is a cable standard used to connect hardware devices like keyboards, mice, printers, etc. to a computer. It’s the most common way of connecting several peripherals like these.
How to Change HDMI output to input on laptop
HERE ARE THE 5 EASY STEPS FROM YOU CAN DO IT.
1. Plug in the HDMI cable into both the laptop and external adapter if your laptop doesn’t support this task directly or just plug in one end of the cable into your laptop and other ends to an external adapter if it does support this task directly.
2. Next, we need to open the Desktop & Screen Saver option in Control Panel so search for it in the start menu and open it.
3. Now, we need to click on the ‘Change desktop background’ option when the Desktop & Screen Saver window pops up on our screen. It will show us a drop-down list of options, and we need to select ‘Multiple displays’.
4. Next, it will prompt us to choose an option for this task, and we need to click on the ‘Extend these displays’ radio button.
5. Now, just select the external monitor that you connected with your laptop via HDMI cable in the drop-down box next to the ‘Multiple displays’ option and hit the apply button located on the bottom of this window.
Voila! We just changed our HDMI output to the input on a laptop successfully.
The most important thing to remember is that the HDMI output from your computer will not give you a signal if it’s being used as an input. If this is what you need, then all you have to do is swap them around so that the monitor becomes the input and your laptop can become the output. Today We all learn how to change hdmi output to input on laptop.
We hope these few steps help point you in the right direction!