Typically, factory resetting a computer takes away all the data from a device, and new users will have to start over. However, it is possible to do a full factory reset on an Acer laptop without entering a password. This article will teach you how to factory reset acer laptop without password and how to do this for free, without having to pay anyone else.
Way 1: Factory Reset Acer Laptop with Alt and F10 Key
What You Need to Know?
Before performing this reset, it is important to know that all your data will be deleted from the laptop. This means anything in the following folders will be removed: My Documents, Downloads, Desktop, Music, Videos, and Pictures. In addition to deleting files from these locations, applications you have downloaded and installed will also be deleted.
Finally, any saved passwords will be removed from the laptop. This means that after resetting your Acer laptop with Alt and F10 key, you will have to find all your stored usernames and passwords again.
8 Steps to Reset Acer Laptop With Alt and F10 Key
1. First make sure the computer is powered off. If it is not, do so now by pressing the power button.
2. Once your laptop is off, press and hold the Alt key while you repeatedly tap the F10 key. This will bring up a boot menu on your Acer laptop .
3. Use your arrow keys to navigate to the Boot Maintenance Manager option in this menu.
4. When you have selected the Boot Maintenance Manager, press enter on your keyboard to navigate to this sub-menu .
5. Once at the sub-menu, use your arrow keys again to select the Acer eRecovery Management option that is listed there. Another sub-menu should come up after doing so .
6. In this new sub-menu, select the option to factory reset Acer laptop .
7. Now choose to Write memory and restart your computer .
8. After the computer restarts, it should be at factory default settings , with all data erased from it. The username will be set to “admin”, and the password will be blank. This way you do not have to enter a new password when you log in after the reset.
Way 2: Factory Reset Acer Laptop with Backdoor Password
What You Need to Know?
This method of resetting an Acer laptop takes more time than the previous one, but it is also simpler. Not only will your date be removed from this process, but you will have to create a new password before being able to log in after the computer finishes restarting.
8 Steps to Factory Reset Acer Laptop With Backdoor Password
1. Power off your laptop by pressing the power button on its side.
2. Press and hold the power button while tapping F11, this should bring up an Acer eRecovery Management screen .
3. Navigate to the first option on this screen, which should be “Enter Special Key Combo”.
4. When you see the sub-menu, use your arrow keys to navigate to Acer ePower Management > Boot from LAN/WAN > Boot Maintenance Manager > Launch Boot Maintenance Manager.
5. Go back to the previous menu and select Acer eRecovery Management > Factory reset > Enter System Recovery Key.
6. You will need to enter a new password at this point, so write it down somewhere before you press enter .
7. After the laptop factory resets itself, select Continue , your computer should now be at default settings.
8. After the computer restarts, it should be at factory default settings , with all data erased from it. The username will be set to “admin”, and a new password will need to be entered before you can log in.
Way 3: Factory Reset Acer Laptop Through BIOS
What You Need to Know?
If none of the above methods worked to factory reset your Acer laptop, you can try this last resort. This method works the same way it did on older laptops and will completely erase all data from your Acer machine.
4 Steps to Factory Reset Acer Laptop Using BIOS
1. Power off your device and then turn it back on again, but instead of tapping F10 (which will bring up the Acer eRecovery menu) you will need to tap F2 repeatedly instead. This should open your BIOS settings .
2. Navigate to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > UEFI Firmware Settings using the arrow keys on your keyboard.
3. When a new sub-menu comes up, use your arrow keys to select Security > Reset > Restore Factory Default Settings .
4. Verify that you want to reset the factory default settings and then press enter on your keyboard. The laptop will now be at its original settings and all data will have been erased from it.
After following any of the above methods, all data from your Acer machine will be erased. You can then log in as you normally would and enjoy a fresh start on your laptop!